Before calling your YORK® Dealer for service, take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for the appointment. Here are a few things to do in preparation for your service appointment:
Review the troubleshooting guide and be prepared to explain the issues that you’re experiencing.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Write down the model numbers of all your YORK® products.
- Know how long ago your problem began.
- Make sure the system is accessible – remove anything blocking your products.
- Keep pets in a separate room so they don’t get overly excited.
- Arrange for an adult (18 or over) to be home to allow entry to your home.
- Provide a phone number to receive a call from the technicians to confirm the service visit.
- If you rent your home, get your landlord’s permission to have your system serviced.
- If you discover your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen, shut it off to allow it to thaw before the technician arrives.